Thank you to all who joined for the May informational call! This month we provided an update on the National Duals team selection process, Fargo information and notes about the waiver for Kids Nationals in Utah next month.
What: WWF General Membership Informational Zoom Call 4
When: May 16th, 2022, 7 PM CT
Replay: Watch online, passcode: s8!GBheW
National Dual Team Final Selection Process, Gabby Lord-Klein
- Team Wisconsin will have seven teams at USAW’s National Duals: 14U MFS & GR, 14U WFS, 16U MFS (two teams), 16U GR, Junior MFS and Junior WFS.
- MFS & GR: Athletes have submitted interest forms, and now the respective team coaches are finalizing the rosters, to be complete by May 20th. Detail on team selection is available here. All athletes that submitted interested are published online on the respective athlete tabs.
- MFS & GR: Point totals for the Junior rosters will be posted online when the team is announced Friday. We have introduced this step for comment to account for any error in calculating the points.
- All Teams: selected athletes will receive an email from coaches with the itinerary and next steps. Preliminary itineraries are posted on the website under athletes tabs.
- WFS: The 14U team is finalized and posted online. The Junior roster (which combines 16U and Juniors) will be finalized and posted May 20th. Athletes that made the teams should expect to receive a communication from head coach Bryan Koontz. The next stop for all WFS athletes is camp Mandatory team camp June 4th.
- All Finalized rosters will be communicated to our entire membership via email and posted online.
Fargo Registration, Scott Kluever & Gabby Lord-Klein
- Fargo registration will be open May 24th - June 24th. For MFS and GR, auto-qualifiers have until June 24th to lock in their weight class. Registration will be on Team Snap.
- Auto-qualifiers do not count against the allotted number of wrestlers the state can bring (4 at each weight). Qualifying criteria is online here.
- All wrestlers must attend the pre-Fargo training camps in River Falls.
- Women’s freestyle athletes do not have qualifying criteria or a limit on the number of athletes we can bring. Share this informational flyer with a friend!
Waiver for Kids Nationals, Todd Schaaf
- Kids Nationals is scheduled for June 26th-28th in Farmington, Utah. For eligibility, kids typically have to wrestle at a regional qualifier like Northern or Central Plains. There is no placement requirement, just participation.
- When you register through USA Wrestling you will be prompted to supply a waiver if your kid didn’t wrestle at a regional qualifier, or plans to go down one weight class. Please contact Todd Schaaf at email@example.com for that waiver.
Results: Northern Plains Freestyle, Greco | WWF FS & GR State Results, Womens Nationals
Questions & Closing Remarks, Scott Kluever
- Shipments from the second gear store are expected to arrive in late June.
The Wisconsin Wrestling Federation, guided by USA Wrestling, provides quality opportunities for its members to achieve their full human and athletic potential. Wisconsin Wrestling Federation will strive to be USA Wrestling’s best state organization.